Surviving Mesothelioma / Electricians
Electricians were exposed to asbestos from both the products they used and the drilling and cutting they performed on structures. Up until recently, many electrical products contained asbestos. These products included: asbestos insulated wires, electrical panels, insulation films, and arc chutes. In addition, working on homes, buildings and other structures exposed electricians to other asbestos containing products. One of the most common tasks for electricians was to “run wires” which involved cutting, drilling or sawing into panels, walls, floors and ceilings. These activities could release invisible asbestos fibers into the air from a variety of asbestos containing construction materials which may cause cancer.